This is coming from real personal experience lol
Do house work.
Dust off things
make the beds nicely, change fresh sheets
Tidy up the desks of your kids
Arrange items that are on tables neatly. Go full OCD mode
Don't rush, take your time. Clean and observe the things
You will gain a new form appreciation of what's going on at home
You can get some level of accomplishments
Either way, there is only positive feelings from doing it.
Just don't go tire yourself or injure yourself doing very heavy things
When I wash my washrooms weekly, I don't just clean mindlessly. I clean intentionally. I make sure all corners are covered
I made sure places are kept dry
I made sure the glass and mirrors are shiny
I take note of stocks, like shampoo, toilet paper, toothpaste, handwashing liquid etc
I take note of wear and tear
These will then generate a list of to do to keep me busy
This isn't like a typical housewife/husband doing chores. These are not chores to me
This is me upkeeping the most important place, my home, for myself and my loved ones. What could be more important than this, especially now that I am retired and have time on my hand to focus on it?
Having a clean, well maintained, efficient, neat home does wonders for everyone.
When my son comes home from a long day in school, tired and sweaty, a clean desk and made bed definitely feels like a fresh start again
Running a home isn't that hard. It's only hard if you pile into it too many things that require a lot of maintenance work.
To me, the 2 biggest things that consumes time for a home are :
Cooking
House keeping
I don't have to cook, so it's just housekeeping.
I use high quality appliances so they do their job well and they don't break down easily and they are also easy to maintain. Having to worry about breaking appliances and replacing them is not fun. I spend top $ for good washer, dryer, fridge, etc etc. These things are expensive but they are a joy to use and they last a long time as long you take care of them. They are also pleasing to look at if you keep them clean.
I don't have a lot of display shelves. Those are time suckers, They collect a lot of dust.
I throw, recycle, pass on, things that I no longer need or use, so I don't need to store them and then carry the mental load of remembering I have them somewhere in my storeroom. Lesser is better and its true
I am not minimalist
So, if you are bored, look at your home and find something to clean and tidy and fix. You won't be bored
No comments:
Post a Comment