Saturday, September 26, 2026

yes, your kids teach you life

 Sometimes, as parents, we always think we are the one guiding and teaching our kids

But in reality, its mutual

And sometimes, our kids teach us things that we will never learn without them

For me, my kids taught me things I didn't know or I didn't think I should know or I didn't know I didn't know lol

As they grow, they become individuals with own thinking and way of communicating 

And this change happens very fast. Too fast for me

So I get caught off guard

which ended up hurting them

Because I keep treating them as if they have not changed, which meant I ended up resisting the change, and ignoring the change, and unintentionally making them feel unheard and unappreciated, and being blamed for whaat they want to become

I must learn to keep up

I must learn to just listen instead of being quick to judge , quick to step in, quick to advise etc.

My kids teach me how to respect

how to respect their changes

their growth

and no, they fundamentally don't hate me, they just mad that I wasn't able to get them. 

They still love me. Which warms me to bits

These are the souls that kept me alive, brought me back to life

I will love them with my life

But love is easy to say, hard to show

I must learn and be humble to show love

No comments:

Post a Comment

yes, your kids teach you life

 Sometimes, as parents, we always think we are the one guiding and teaching our kids But in reality, its mutual And sometimes, our kids teac...