Wednesday, May 13, 2026

retired early, confidence

Retiring earlier, while seems enviable (and should be!), is kinda scary TBH

All the computations and analysis done to ensure financials are in order were key.

Even then, there is always a risk of something going south. That's why the plans have backup, which themselves have backup.

Still, once you made the leap, there's almost no turning back. You can turn back to find a job, but its going to be hard (once you tasted the honey of freedom, which I did, its very hard to accept its loss)

Now that I made the leap, I am on my own. There is no safety net of a job, and large corporation that pays the bills and medical expenses. 

I have to be on my toes on financials, not everyday, but still, be very conscious on expenses and projected expenses and if there are looming changes coming. 

You will want to not step onto something that gives way to your weight, if you get what I mean. 

Still, confidence takes time to grow. Bit by bit. It takes discipline, stick to your plans, be brave to take on unexpected changes, ensure there is backup. And keep yourself healthy. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

yes, your kids teach you life

 Sometimes, as parents, we always think we are the one guiding and teaching our kids But in reality, its mutual And sometimes, our kids teac...