Saturday, August 1, 2026

Position of privilege

 Am I? 

I think so.

I have a whole family, good wife, good kids, healthy parent

I have nice roof over our heads

I have a decent car to drive around

I have retired with comfortable financials. Not super rich but decent and comfortable 

It’s a life of privilege that I am in now

Not to show off

Mind you

Mind me

I must mind this. 

I must remind myself what I have is a privilege 

It means majority of people around me aren’t in this position 

No, this is it to compare

But this mindfulness is important

Important that it will form my mannerisms 

While I don’t care what others think, I do care about how my mannerisms affect others.

There will be certain topics that I must be careful of talking about casually or taking it lightly. What’s easy for me now at this privileged position cannot be assumed to be likewise for someone else. I may not mean harm, but I could end up harming

Humility it important 

Not to fake humility

But genuine awareness of others 

Hence it is important that I acknowledge my privilege position so I can behave according to my values and not hurting others unintentionally 

Hope I can remember this

Grateful for the privileges


No comments:

Post a Comment

Dignity and stupidity

 When you are so stupid to be naive and let your guard down, even the closest ones will step on your head So, maybe it’s better to STFU and ...