Sunday, April 19, 2026

won't you be bored?

Same question all the time when someone first find out I am retired (early).

And, it comes from not just adults who are still working, but also from younger ones who are still in school.

For the young ones, I will explain how long I had been working, and how hard I worked, and how hard I saved up (and invested), so I can retire early. It was never my plan to work as long as possible or up to a commonly known retirement age of 65. And I told them I am happy I achieved my goals and now I have freedom to pursue things that I couldn't due to my commitments to my previous jobs. I hope this inspires them to think for themselves and plan. 

For the adults, I just play along and have some jokes on how I spend my free time. But deep inside, I feel for them, as I can understand some who do not have such a choice at all, while some are so deeply brainwashed that I do not plan to unwind it for them since it will be a waste of time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Strength in dealing with departing

 We all think we can be strong But when it happens, you can’t find the strength  Even trying to say words that you think should be easy, you...