Monday, July 20, 2026

Why I blog

 whenever things come to mind I write it down

sometimes its meaningful insights that I want to share, but mostly its insights that sparked and I wanted to pen it down for my own reference as I am very forgetful person

It also serves as a record of myself, as its interesting to look back at my own thoughts and see how I have changed over time

finally, I think its an interesting read for my children when I pass on in future. 

I can imagine, if I am lucky to live to ripe old age, my demise will come after months or years of decline, both physically and mentally. 

This means, I believe it will be too late to try to pen down thoughts or say last words by then. Maybe I would be so mentally deprecated that I won't even know I want to do that, and perhaps that would be a lucky circumstance.

Or worse, I would be severely limited by my physical abilities to write, talk in order to convey my thoughts to my loved ones who will outlive me. That would be such a frustrating demise. 

I am not going to leave things to chance like that

But from what I have observed in real life experiences, it's very hard for children to ask their end of life parents about any wishes or thoughts they want to express as the end is clearly coming. Being Chinese, we  all still very conservative in expressions, and also, we don't want to believe the end is coming, or worse, to think our actions will actually result in it happening early. But we all know the end will come, so I feel we should not miss the chance to express.

So, I believe a good option is to write when I can. Pen it down when I can. 

I will write this blog as long as I live.

So, when the time comes, even if I wasn't able to pen anything in the last months due to circumstances beyond my control, this blog will be available, assuming it continues to exists online lol. Well, pretty sure I will move it to another place if I know its going offline

So, all I need is to jot down the URL in my thumb drive and if my kids find it, so be it. If they don't , so be it.

If I am gone I am gone, I don't want to linger around virtually and let my old thoughts affect my kids. They write their own future

Of course, if my learnings in life can help them navigate or give them some ideas on what to do (or not to do lol), that will be great

No comments:

Post a Comment

Life is prata

If it’s too hot, flip and change direction  Ok?