Friday, August 14, 2026

Fine line between hustle and manners

 Was chilling at a neighbourhood cafe this morning, sipping my Long Black and reading my ebook.

Suddenly I hear a thud, and I felt it via the table since my arms are resting on the edge. Then another thud.

Looked up and saw this young chap, probably late 20s to early 30s, crew neck tee and neat short haircut, plonking down his laptop, handphone, AirPods and power back. 

Come on dude, you need to announce your arrival is it? WTF

Then after he opened his MacBook, he let out a sign and said FUCK (not loud, but I can hear), walked off leaving his stuff on table

His food order arrived shortly and the waiter gently placed is down next to his laptop. The waiter was gentle, no sound. That's the right thing to do. 

After few minutes, mr bad manners came back, opened up his MacBook, put on his AirPods and joined a video call. His AirPods hasn't connected properly before he started the call, and suddenly everything was on speaker mode at high volume, and he is talking about trying to get his AirPods connected, while no attempts were made to lower the stupid speaker mode volume. Luckily his AirPods made it. 

Now, he started his meeting. He speaks with an accent, likely American or faked American, whatever, I don't care. But he was loud. So I can't help but listen in lol

Apparently he is like a manager, just assigned to a team who lost their manager, likely a lay off, that sucks. He he started talking a lot, mostly trivial to me, as he seems to be using many flowering words in the talking, not going for main points. 

To me, this guy seems to want to show the cafe how important he is. All those sounds he made are to get attention. 

Sir, you sure got attention...as a bad mannered immature punk. 

Yes, this is not a library, so I have no issues with noise. But I have issue with manners. You don't fucking plonk your shit down on table like this.

You don't fucking, of all seats in the mostly empty cafe, picked to sit right across me and start your fucking loud mouth "I am so important" shit show. 

Luckily I am mostly done with my coffee and was about to leave anyway. 

I am not impressed 

Good luck to you young man. 

I am glad I am over this work shit

Maybe you think you impressed me or made me envy you. LOL

I feel for you. All the best. You may be really successful in your job, but manners maketh man. Good manners speaks louder. Fucking brash, and thinking you are big fuck. LOL

Anyway, I am reading a nice book, and I am contented and thus I have time to reflect. 

It tells me that I should maintain good manners myself. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cashflow from dividends and interests

  https://substack.com/@unclelimkopi/note/c-314426879?r=8h6mpk&utm_medium=ios&utm_source=notes-share-action