Driving in SG, you will encounter very nice drives, blur ones, but the worst....the nasty and bullies
Encountered a taxi driver today
He drove into HDB open air carpark together with me, with me in front of his car.
From the onset, I noticed he was tailing rather closely (well, I can barely see his headlights from my rear view mirror, so its close yeah)
I know from experience this is going to another jerk driver. So I just drive constant speed of around 15-20kph, certainly a normal speed in carpark, while just ignore him.
However, when I slowed down to park, I noticed he surged forward and to my left, as if he wanted to pass me. WTH
In SG, its very common for cars to reverse into lots as our carparks are tight
So when you follow another car inside a carpark, there's a high chance it will stop and reverse especially there are empty lots. This is common sense.
So this joker driver decided to tail me, giving me no space should I want to stop and reverse. And then he tried to pass me. Mind you, this is a single lane road with 2 roads of lots for cars.
He had no choice but to reverse to give me space else he won't be able to pass as I already started reversing
However, he did not reverse enough, so I could not fully back into the lot. I stopped and waved to him to go back more, and he started gesturing, seemingly annoyed why I have to suddenly stop and park.
Hey dumbass, you tailed me so close, of course the moment I stopped, it will appear sudden to you. KNNBCCB, you stupid or what? Sun to hot and your small brain overheated and stopped processing logic??
I have no patience for such nonsense. I gave him my nice finger and just stared at him. I know it's not nice, but I am also human, and I won't stand down from unreasonable treatment. If he want to escalate matters, I won't stand down since I believe he started this nonsense. After a few seconds of seeing my finger, he reversed. I guess he chickened out, or maybe he suddenly become mature for his age (he is probably mid 60s)
So, how do I feel after this?
well, I am glad I didn't stand down to such bullies. If its a lady driver, a timid driver, or a newbie, he could had forced them to give up the lot. But too bad, he met a retiree who has plenty of time to play punk lol
On the other hand, I feel I should had controlled my temper, by not showing my finger. I should stay calm, but be firm as I am not in the wrong, and just gesture for him to give me space, else I won't move. That would put him in the bad light, and I should not put myself in the same low level as him
So lesson learned, next time stay firm but don't lose temper. I will be better person
Better don't mean weak.
It means strong and firm and upright and maintain standard.
To the taxi driver, I apologise for showing you my finger, and I wish you all the best and safe drive as you go about your drive to earn a living. I also want you to stay cool and don't go around bullying other drivers. Your impatience won't land you in a nice place if you meet some crazy person.
No comments:
Post a Comment