Friday, September 11, 2026

Expect a circus if you hang with clowns

 Got this from a book I am reading now

So true

While I tried to keep in touch with friends since I have time in hand during retirement, it has come to me that no all are worth it.

It’s not their fault, it’s more on my choice on who to spend time with

I need to be careful on how I spend my precious freedom hours

I know someone I definitely do not want to engage unnecessarily especially face to face and definitely not 1:1

I tried it again recently, and oh how stupid I felt after that. To have wasted my time and his.

1.5 hours of chatting and it wasn’t pleasant for me. Left a bitter taste. I even had to almost tell him off at one point. Which I rarely do at all to friends. 

So now I know, I’ll not engage him again. He definitely has the talents to pissed me off (and others too based on my common sense)

I don’t have to change him. All I have to do is to change myself, change my selection of who to spend time with 

Easy! 

No more clowns. Humor is ok, funny is ok. But no clowns in life. Real clowns to me. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Expect a circus if you hang with clowns

 Got this from a book I am reading now So true While I tried to keep in touch with friends since I have time in hand during retirement, it h...