Had a small incident today while cycling and fell.
Nothing serious, I escaped with just tiny bruises on arm and knee.
No damage to bicycle as well
I can still remember the moment I fell
I was falling off with the bike toward the right
The bicycle was titling rightward until the tires friction was overcomed by the angle of tilt and the entire bike just slides and I landed on my side.
Fortunately I held tight to the handle bar and kept them straight so the right handle bar hit the ground first before my body landed, thus significantly reducing the impact on my body.
I don’t think my head hit the ground. I was wearing my helmet anyway
I was able to immediately stand up without any issue.
I think my push arms and exercises helped me. They gave my arms strength to withstand such impact and recover
Of course having helmet helped to ensure I won’t injure my head
We were not cycling fast but things like that can still happen
So helmet is a must even if it’s a leisure ride in the park !
I think my focus on health and exercise is the right thing to do.
It can ensure I have a high quality of life
No comments:
Post a Comment